Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the general conditions for pond plants?
- Which underwater plants are recommended for the garden pond?
- What makes an optimal pond floor, or what is suitable as a plant substrate?
- Which gravel types are recommended?
- Can the individual stones give off substances that are harmful to the water?
- Is the brief "blossoming time" of my water lily normal or is the plant sick?
- Which underwater plants are particularly recommended for koi?
- What do I need to be aware of when planting water lilies?
- Can normal land plant potting soil be used in the plant baskets for water plants?
- Do plant baskets help or hinder plant growth?
- Can water lilies and other floating leaf plants survive with decorative water effects?
- What can be done to either protect against or fight increased algae infestation
- What "natural methods" are available to guard against increased algae infestation?
- What is the easiest way to lower/regulate the pH value of a pond?
- What is a good and convenient remedy for string algae?
- Do UV bulbs really help against algae infestation; what if the pond gets a lot of sunlight?
- Is OASE Algae Stop harmful to animals, plants or stone?
- How can I test the water quality myself at home?
- Why does foam form on watercourses? How can it be prevented?
- What could cause unusually high water loss?
- How can pond mussels contribute to water clarification, and what needs to be considered when integrating them in the pond?
- Which values should I consider to ensure a functioning eco-system for my pond?
- What do I need to be aware of in the winter as far as pump and filtration technology are concerned?
- How does IceFree work?
- Should the goldfish spend the winter in the pond or in the cellar?
- Do you recommend breaking the ice for purposes of aeration?
- How do I get my underwater plants through the winter safely?
- When should the pond filter be started up after winter?