All biOrbs have a filter at the bottom of the aquarium. It’s where solid waste naturally settles. Put simply, the filter works where there is most to filter.
- Air driven filtration system creates vigorous water flow and a constantly changing water surface. This maintains oxygen saturation.
- The circular flow of water then collects any fish waste on its way down.
- It draws the waste through the ceramic media where the natural biological filtration absorbs some toxins. The freshly oxygenated water also feeds the bacteria.
- Any remaining waste is trapped in the sponge cartridge. The water then passes through resin particles and natural stabilisers to remove toxic substances and keep the pH levels constant.
- The clean water is then oxygenated as it flows back up the bubble tube to repeat the cycle.